Across Carrickfergus’ range of services there are a number of opportunities for local business, partners and stakeholders to reach thousands of potential customers by placing their business name in highly visible locations for exposure throughout the Borough, or aligning it alongside community events or activity. For local business especially, sponsorship offers an opportunity to communicate to the target audience of local residents and visitors and can create a borrowed association with community based activity in addition to raising the business’ profile.
We are looking for a corporate partners to financially contribute towards the running of the Borough wide initiatives and to work with us to ensure that we meet the following aims, which are:
- to make Carrickfergus a more pleasant place in which to work, live and visit.
- to stimulate civic pride and hence care of the environment by the residents of the Borough.
- to create opportunities for involvement at Community level.
Sponsorship Opportunities - Key Areas
The three key areas that Carrickfergus Borough Council can offer sponsorship opportunities within are:
- Public Art
- Green Space
Public Art enhances its surrounding area and is often crafted to leave its meaning open to interpretation leaving it accessible for all to enjoy. By sponsoring a piece of art with Carrickfergus Borough Council a business may make a statement, grab attention and provide a feature for the local community and visitors alike.
Sponsorship may include a bespoke piece of public art commissioned for the enjoyment of the entire community that will reflect the ethos of the business within Carrickfergus Borough.
Commercial success and future growth is built on understanding people, not simply as consumers who buy products, but as citizens with shared concerns about society’s issues. By engaging with these concerns organisations learn how they can best help communities in ways that are practical and sustainable. Community involvement offers benefits for your business as well as for the community you are supporting. It offers new ways for your employees and brands to connect with your consumers
Green Space Sponsorship Opportunities
1. Carrickfergus in Bloom Lead Sponsor: anytime (3 year)
2. Component / Event Sponsor (1 year)
a) Blooming Wild
b) Carrickfergus School Growing Club
c) Beach Watch
d) Spring Clean campaign
3. Carrickfergus in Bloom Community Competitions (3 year)
a) Best Kept Front Garden
b) Best Kept Front Container Garden
c) Best Kept Community Planting Scheme
d) Best Kept Commercial Premises
e) Best Kept Pub or Hotel
f) Best Kept Floral Display by Traders in a Street or Centre
g) Painting Competition
h) Poetry Competition
i) Tallest Sunflower Competition
j) Giant Pumpkin Competition
k) Best Kept Allotment sponsored by Sunnybank Garden Centre
l) Scarecrow Competition sponsored by Sunnybank Garden Centre
4. Carrickfergus Tree Campaign
5. Floral Bed Sponsor 3 year various displays all year except marine highway June to September.
6. Hanging Basket Sponsor 1 year (June to September) 7. Golf Course Sponsorship
Carrickfergus Marine Highway is a popular walking trail for both residents and visitors. The trail is decorated with numerous feature flowerbeds which can also be seen from the road. Flowerbeds are an attractive sponsorship option as they are enjoyed by the entire community and may be used to make a statement through the design of the beds.
Carrickfergus allotment gardens are the largest allotment site in Ireland and were established in April 2008. Allotments can provide a great sense of well-being and give pleasure and satisfaction to people who through their own skills and effort produce their own food. Allotments are also beneficial to the environment and wildlife generally, and sponsorship of activity such as this can enhance the brand image of a business.
Many businesses are giving back to their local community through sponsoring the clean up for an area in disrepair. These areas are communal and available for the entire community to enjoy once restored, demonstrating the commitment of the sponsor to working with the Council on improving the Town and the community environment.
As well as sponsoring various events throughout the year for residents enjoyment and to attract visitors to the Borough, Carrickfergus Borough Council organise a number of sporting, music and community events. Sponsorship on any scale of these events can help to raise a business profile.
Possible Features Available
- Sponsor name included in event title.
- Logo included on:
- All press releases
- Correspondence and official documentation profiling the event
- Press advertising
- Carrickfergus Borough Council website
- Promotional Banners.
- Acknowledgement on all TV/radio/outdoor advertising.
- Involvement highlighted through banner placement and verbal mention on TV coverage.
- Promotional stands at press launch
- Display of sponsor logo/arena banners at key areas in field of cameras and spectators
- Exclusive display of logo at entrance of event
Sampling / Product / Promotional Information
- Promotional staff on site offering samples/handing out company information in the public arena
- A temporary site at the event for the promotion of sponsor’s goods and/or services.
- Opportunity to provide promotional items for inclusion in any giveaways.
This is not an exhaustive list of opportunities for sponsorship and Carrickfergus Council are committed to sourcing and tailoring the most appropriate option and package to suit each individual sponsors’ needs.
For further information please contact:
Lynda Waring - Arts & Events Officer
Telephone: 028 9335 8034