- Compass Newsletter
- Local Government Reform
- Corporate Plan
- Data Protection
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee
- Freedom Of Information
- Guest Book
- Opening Times
Civil Marriage In A Venue Of Your Choice
You can apply to hold a civil marriage ceremony in a venue of your choice, subject to a successful application for approval / temporary approval of the venue and availability of a Registrar. Also payment of a fee £400.00
Examples of such venues include your home, a hotel, a restaurant or an historical building (stately home, castle).
To apply to have a venue of your choice approved, you must complete an application form which can be obtained from our Building Services Department. (tel: 028 9335 8061).
You should do this no less than 6 months and no more than 1 year from you marriage date. The completed form should be returned to Building Services Department.
- Your application will be assessed and acknowledged within ten days of being received.
- The premises may also be inspected to make sure they comply with health and safety laws.
- A decision will be made within three months, provided all the necessary requirements have been met.
- If your application is rejected, you will be notified in writing and a reason will be given,
- Under the Marriage (Northern Ireland) Order 2003, we have to give public notice of all temporary marriage applications. This means that members of the public have the right to object to your application, once public notice has been given.
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 028 9335 8047