- Allotment Gardens
- Bentra Golf Course
- Countryside Access
- Carrickfergus In Bloom
- Community Centres
- Parks And Countryside
- Play Areas
- Playing Fields
- Sports Development
- Summer Events
- Things To Do
- Whitehead Heritage And Wellbeing Walking Trail
Carrickfergus is a haven for young children and it’s packed with safe, secure play areas for them to unleash their energy
- Legg Park Play Area, Belfast Road, Carrickfergus.
- Marine Gardens Play Area, Marine Highway, Carrickfergus.
- Leisure Centre Play Area, Prince William Way, Carrickfergus.
- Oakfield Play Park, Oakfield Drive, Carrickfergus.
- Windmill Play Park, Minorca Drive, Carrickfergus.
- Knockleigh Play Park, Knockleigh Drive, Greenisland.
- Whitehead Recreation Grounds Play Area, Whitehead.
- Woodburn Play Park, Hawthorn Avenue, Carrickfergus.
- Windsor Play Park, Whitehead.
- Castlemara Play Park, Carrickfergus.
- Ransevyn Play Park, Whitehead.
- Sunnylands Play Park, Carrickfergus.
Information on Toxocariasis and why you should never bring a dog into a play area or playing field.
To view information on Parks & Countryside facilities within Carrickfergus Borough: Click Here to view the Carrickfergus Parks and Countryside Facility Map.
In December 2012 Carrickfergus Borough Council opened it's new state of the art play park located in Marine Gardens. Part of an overall investment in the gardens of £1.3 million, the new play park is segmented into sections for toddlers, juniors and seniors, ensuring that there is good quality outdoor fun for all to enjoy. The impressive centre piece is a galleon ship reaching a height of over 30 feet and which can be found in the senior nautical adventure area. The galleon called Result, is named after the very last ship to have been built in Carrickfergus in 1893.
Marine Gardens Play Park in Carrickfergus
For further information please contact:
Stephen Daye - Parks & Countryside Development Officer
Telephone: 028 9335 8000