- Aires De Service
- Guest Book
- How to get there
- My Tour Talk
- Photo Gallery
- Summer Events
- Things to do
- Tourism Documents
- Tourist Information
- Travel And Transport
- Useful Links
- Carrickfergus Tourism Video
- Where to Eat
- Where To Stay
R Y A Berth Holders Charter
RYA BERTH HOLDERS CHARTER AND ITS PURPOSE
This Charter has been developed by the RYA's National Moorings and Marinas Panel. Its purpose is to encourage and recognise good standards in customer service and value at all UK marinas. Working with representatives of Marina Operators and Marina Berth Holder Associations we have been able to identify the most important things boat owners would reasonably expect at any UK marina irrespective of their size or existing facilities.
These have been developed into the nine key points of the Charter.
This Charter asks marinas to provide:
1. Value for money - Facilities and Services commensurate with fees - A written management policy on customer satisfaction
2. Security - Reasonable protection from thieves - Prevention of improper access - Emergency help always readily available
3. Facilities - Suitable for the purpose and competently staffed - Adequate in number and readily available
4. Maintenance - Facilities maintained in good working order, safe and clean
5. Suggestions and Complaints - A readily available procedure for receiving both suggestions and complaints - A prompt effective response and feedback of results
6. Staff - Available, competent and helpful with authority to act quickly
7. Peaceful enjoyment - Freedom from noisy and disorderly elements, harassment and nuisances
8. Communication - Advance information on changes to facilities, conditions, charges, services etc.
9. Safety - Effective action for the safety of persons and property - Implementation of the requirements of Health and Safety legislation Standards generally compare favourably with those of even a few years ago and many marinas already meet these requirements. For the benefit of its members, the RYA is keen to encourage every marina, irrespective of its size or facilities, to adopt these key provisions within their own working practices.
The team at Carrickfergus Marina work very closely with our Berth Holders Association to ensure continuing high standards and the renewal of our RYA Berth Holders Charter.
Our next visit and inspection is due shortly.
For further information please contact: